Detroit Festival of Books (aka: Detroit Bookfest) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. We meet as a group monthly and work independently daily and weekly to make this event happen.
Our one day six-hour-long annual event, Detroit Bookfest, is the largest book festival in the State of Michigan. Attendance regularly exceeds 10,000+ people.
Bookfest is dedicated to enhancing community wellness and promoting the joy of reading and the rich culture surrounding it.
We are seeking dedicated volunteers for the following roles (please list the role or roles that you are interested in applying for):
- Grants Team (writer, reviewer & coordinator)
- Administrators (mainly help respond to all emails)
- Volunteer Manager (someone who handles all volunteers)
- General event volunteers (helping out in-person at the event)
- Social Media Manager
- Logistics Coordinator (ie: venue flow, food & merch procurement, etc)
- Sponsorship Manager
Please fill out the Volunteer form below. If you are selected to be a volunteer, we will notify you.